Saturday, July 01, 2006

In Retrospect...



The sun shines on my face
As the rays provoke my eyes to gleam
The chirping of birds and the sound of silence,
Lull this mortal body into a dream.

Who am I but a lump of flesh
Dominated by a heart and a brain
Why do I live when one day I’ll rot,
As each part of me is a perishable grain.

One day I know this flesh of mine
These vessels, skin, blood and veins
Will wither with time like an old, old oak
Suffering a loss it cannot refrain.

My life is a coincidence or was it planned?
Like an irritating crossword it puzzles me
Is death a coincidence or has it been thought of,
Or is t a process to set us free?

What is a soul, is another rider
Like a nagging thought it nips my brain
Is it the conscience that speaks to me,
Or as mythology suggests the holy flame?

What is it I wonder that binds us together?
In a united force during times of strife
Why is it that in every companion
We try to listen to the resonance of life?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting!
Good mix of visual, rhyme, and wisdom!
...And frustration, life, struggle, etc too!

8:08 PM  
Blogger MandarinDreams said...

Its sounds like a quest to know your existence, its as rich as ever, truth be told, its a wonder this body, this life, these unexplainable feelings. Like my soul were gleaming in my hands.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so born n brough up in the slums on calcutta and then shifting base to the drains of kanpur i must say Its sounds like ur quest to know your existence.....screw u jerk... ur poems suck...

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home