Sunday, July 02, 2006

Granules of Sand


The sun comes out spraying light over the valley
The trees are all covered in mist
I sit here up on a hill
Observing in peace nature’s tryst

The sound of silence is truly melodious
Birds chirping around me
These barren rocks with dry grass
Nature here is absolutely free.

Free from waste, free from spoil
Free from all destruction, and,
Above all why it survives,
Is because it is free from man

Man is an animal, an animal of sorts
His mistakes he can only refute
With the largest brains in the universe
He has the smallest hands to contribute.

When every organism on this planet
Has something to give while it does take
But indefatigable man with his hands outstretched
Is always asking something for his sake

Nothing remains nothing at all
The paths of destruction tread so far by man
Despair sediments one by one
As in a glass of water with granules of sand

I am neither a poet nor an activist
I just realize the mistakes we have made
All we can do is waste no more
And preserve the foundations nature had laid.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh... I can feel the granules of sand in my hand! Lovely lines!! There are so many ofus who know only how to take, not just from nature, but from people we know too. Who knows, maybe I am one of them as well?
fd

8:47 AM  
Blogger Ananth said...

Very good words and they give a clear meaning...

excellent work!!!

Ananth

1:06 AM  
Blogger MandarinDreams said...

I dont even need to have been there, through your words I see through your eyes the beauty yonder of gaia, and feel the lingering regrets of an era new.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home